Other Ways To Donate
Make a Donation: Designate your contribution to a particular program (mental health, substance abuse, child care, continued case care, family violence prevention, supported housing development, rental assistance) or a particular facility: Serenity House Family Residence, Edwin’s Place.
Start a Fund: in honor, or in memory of a loved one.
Donate Goods: (New clothes and shoes, furniture, books, computers, office equipment) to our clients, to our programs, or to our offices.
Donate Your Tax-Refund: Soon you’ll receive your tax rebate in the mail. Consider donating your rebate to the African American Planning Commission to help homeless families and children. You’d be amazed at how far your gift will go to help those affected by domestic violence, HIV/AIDS, poverty, and homelessness.
- $600 buys food for two weeks and clothing for a family of four.
- $300 buys five days of meals and motel stays for one displaced homeless family.
- $250 provides emergency shelter and food for 50 homeless families for one day.
- $100 buys replacement prescription medication, like insulin, blood pressure or seizure medication for 3 homeless families who have lost everything.
- $50 buys 10 new blankets in an emergency.
Donate Your Time: Host a holiday party for families and children.
- Adopt a family from our program and help provide basic necessities such as clothing and household items, school supplies, and holiday gifts.
- Sponsor summer camp or field trips for AAPC’s youth.
- Share your favorite hobby or skill with a group of AAPC’s youth.
- Introduce AAPC’s programs to foundations and corporate executives.
Your tax-deductible gift – in whatever amount you choose – will help provide emergency and other essential services. Click here and make a tax-deductible online contribution today. It’s fast, it’s easy, and it’s secure!
Hotline Phone Numbers
National Domestic Violence Hotline
National Teen Dating Abuse Helpline
In New York City ONLY
Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-621-HOPE (4673)
Crime Victims Hotline: 1-866-689-HELP (4357)
Rape & Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-212-227-3000
TDD phone number for all hotlines: 1-866-604-5350