Local community-based organizations come together for our residents in Brooklyn
As AAPCI is committed to reducing and addressing homelessness and related issues and following AAPCI’s strategy, LaQuinta Pitkin (our Brooklyn-based shelter) has created partnerships with local community-based organizations that focus on empowering and enhancing the wellbeing of all individuals. Making these connections are a valuable asset to all the clients at AAPCI.
Our recent resource fair, held on July 18, 2022, proved even more successful; community-based organizations joined us and conversed with our residents about the services they offer. Our residents will have access to these beneficial resources to create positive opportunities for brighter futures and the best outcomes. Our residents have also been linked to educational, employment opportunities, and other services.
We could not have achieved the success of our resource fair without the generous support of these organizations. Our heartfelt thanks goes to:
- St. Nick’s Alliance
- SunRiver Health
- Exodus Transitional Community Inc.
- Adult Literacy Center at Medgar Evers College
- New Horizons Counseling Center
- Heart to Heart
- TruConnect Mobile Solutions
- Neighbors Together (2 programs)
- New York Psychotherapy and Counseling Center (NYPCC)
- RiseBoro Community Partnership (3 programs)
- Brooklyn Public Library Adult Learning Center
- US Department of Education