Children, Youth & Family Initiatives
Thaddeus G. Whitley Residence – Supportive Housing for Runaway and Homeless Youth (RHY)
The Thaddeus G. Whitley Residence aims to provide up to 24 independent living units within a supportive residence to Runaway and Homeless Youth (RHY). Participants must meet the criteria set forth by the NYC Department of Youth and Community Development (DYCD) and/or the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene. The program aims to focus on the provision of the following youth services:
- mentoring programs
- money management and financial literacy services
- education completion services
- learning to work, job training and job placement and retention services
- peer support groups
- anger management classes
- family reunification services
- intensive independent living skills training
- health and wellness classes on issues such as nutrition, mental health, HIV/AIDS, and overall health.
Services will be augmented by linkages with community-based service providers, with the goal of preparing young adults for independence and life in the real world. Click here to learn more about the Thaddeus G. Whitley Residence.